Tuesday, July 23, 2013

By the way...

I'm 21 weeks pregnant!

We revealed the news to the family by including this in a stack of pictures of Haddon for them to look through. The reactions were priceless!

I'm sure most of you know this already, but this news just hasn't received the attention it should on our family blog. I kept Haddon from sharing it in his monthly updates, wanting to play it up a bit more, and as usual, I'm a little late [no pun intended].

Wow. I'm still impressed with the subtle humor I just did there. Very unintentional.

Moving right along... On April 20th, we found out that Baby Pugh #2 was in the works. When I went to the doctor, I was surprised to find out that I was already 7-8 weeks along, giving us a tentative due date of December 5th.

Baby Pugh at 7 weeks!


Yes, Haddon will barely be 16 months old. Yes, this was planned :)

Well then we rushed off to Paris and returned to a rather important ultrasound appointment. I was barely 17 weeks [which I think is the earliest they can tell?] and it was time for the big gender reveal. I honestly would have been excited for either because if it were a boy, then there would be a fun confidence in that— but if it were a girl, it would be a sweet change to the Pugh household.



We welcome this sweet little change!!! Haddon Pugh is going to have a little sister.

Eden Anastasis will be her name. We'd had the first name in mind for a while now, but the middle name came up only a couple of weeks before we found out. Kam took Greek last semester and Anastasis [we'll pronounce it Ah-nah-stah-sis] means resurrection. He mentioned it to me and I loved it! She may not be able to say it [or spell it!] for the first few years of her life, but hopefully one day she'll appreciate the meaning behind it all.

Eden at 17 weeks!


Well there's my very long-winded way of telling you we're pregnant. Thank you for all your encouragement and excitement. Your prayers and support are always appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment