Sunday, January 5, 2014

EAP: One Month!

Well, we had a baby! And we just celebrated one month with her...



It's been a busy time in the Pugh home over the past month and I'm sure that won't change anytime soon, so I knew if I didn't take the plunge back into blogging, I'd keep putting it off. It has now become more for me than the other folks that follow our blog [I know there are thousands of you]. I want to take note. To remember. To be able to have a tangible record of what's happening in our lives—because it's happening fast!

So here are some highlights of our first month with Eden. I'd love to write down her birth story soon as well, but that will just have to wait! [Along with the other hundred blog posts I have floating around in my head...]

-Eden Anastasis came into this world at 3:32 a.m. on Tuesday, December 3rd.
-She was 20 inches long [just like her brother!] and 6 lbs. 8 oz.
-She has the Pugh chin ;)



-She has big hands like her brother, but her fingers are definitely more feminine. No man hands for my girl :) 



-She has her mother's feet—long, skinny toes. [poor girl]
-She has a sweet little swirl in her hair at the top of her forehead. 
-What little hair she has started off a lighter brown, but these days it's looking more and more blonde.
-She's already traveled around the state. We spent the 22-25th in Decatur with my side of the family and the rest of the week in Tuscaloosa with Kam's. Hooray for baby's first Christmas :)
-She's already met all aunts/uncles and cousins except for one set. [We're looking forward to MLK weekend, Batrich family!]
-She sleeps in a cradle made by her great-grandfather.



-She gets lots of kisses and pets from her brother. [with the occasional poke or slap in the face...]




-They swallowed her initially, but she's almost outgrown her newborn clothes. We're about to experiment with 0-3 months. [Praise the Lord for all the hand-me-downs we've been given!]
-Unlike her brother, she takes a pacifier. WHOA! Game. Changer. [I had actually forgotten those things existed]
-Aunt Lynn came on day 9 and took some fabulous pictures [surprise, surprise]. 









-Her daddy is smitten :) Her mama is a basket case...



-She's beautiful! [And yes, we're partial.]

We love you so much, Eden. Thanks for making us a family of four!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post about a beautiful girl who has stolen the hearts of those of us so privileged to be her family. Eden Pugh, we love you!

    ReplyDelete