Wednesday, May 23, 2012

2 Years of Marital Goodness

May 22, 2010: Day One! So technically we weren't Mr. & Mrs. just yet, but I just liked this smooching one :)
May 2011: Year One! Anniversary weekend in Birmingham, before heading to dinner at Bottega.
May 22, 2012: Year Two! This was last night before we navigated the subway system by ourselves for the first time on the way to our surprise dinner destination. Good thing we gave ourselves plenty of time to get there :)
I finally guessed the surprise destination when I caught a
glimpse of this plastered on the side of a building one block
from the restaurant!
So how fortunate were we to be spending our second anniversary in New York? My sweet husband took the initiative in planning our evening and I must say, he did an amazing job. I'm not sure if you know this about me, but I'm a carnivore. Don't you dare take my meat away from me. Now that we're one, Kam knows this about his wife. So he goes for the kill by taking me to a famous steakhouse in Brooklyn— Peter Luger Steakhouse. [I think my mouth watered by merely typing the name...] If sweet Haddon didn't love meat prior to this experience, then he definitely does after his mama devoured the best steak she's ever tasted...

This is from their website, but it gives you a better idea of the
steak's structure. My before picture below doesn't do it justice.
So the way it works at this place is you order "Steak for Two"— a.k.a. a 42 ounce USDA Prime Beef, family selected, dry aged in their own aging box Porterhouse. This [medium rare], as well as their highly rated German fried potatoes and creamed spinach [I know, right? But everyone recommended the spinach] served as our meal. Oh did I mention the bacon appetizer? That's right. Bacon. One fat $4 slice of bacon as an appetizer. If we tallied points in the KamPugh family, my husband's definitely went off the charts with that one...


Pre-dinner. They, of course, had their own special steak sauce. That they wouldn't let you put in your to-go box...
Our waiter was a wonderful little Austrian man named Alouicious. Like "aloe" + the "icious" in delicious.
Don't worry, we didn't have two plates of this monster, I just gave you a couple of angles. They actually served some to us prior to this picture, so this isn't a legitimate "before" but it will do. In case you're hungry, you can click on the images and they'll get larger :) If available, I would buy a bottle [or a bucket] of the steak juice that comes on your plate... that, with a tiny bit of their steak sauce was crucial for the best bite ever.

After we recovered from this meal of a lifetime, we headed to Carvel to finish the evening with dessert. I put Haddon in a coma with this beauty— a Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookie Sundae Dasher... No big deal. Just layers of chocolate soft serve, mint soft serve, crushed thin mints, and hot fudge topped with a nice helping of whipped cream. Have you noticed yet that this girl loves food? My husband sure has :)


Here concludes our anniversary eating festivities. I know there's so much more to an anniversary than a dinner date, but I just wanted to show you one of the many ways Joseph Kameron Pugh is so great. What a blessing to be his wife for as long as we both shall live, or until our King returns!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love you guys, and loving all of the pics, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually drawn to the more pic-heavy posts, so I'm trying to give my viewers the same consideration :) Plus, it's good accountability to get better at documenting our lives! Love you Uncle B!

      Delete
  2. Wow! He DID do an amazing job. I had no idea you were so passionate about steak. :) I'm glad you had such a fun and memorable anniversary in NYC. Love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm passionate about food and steak just happened to be the food of choice this evening :)

      Delete
  3. What a great night, and what a beautiful, happy couple! Thanks for the details. And I'm glad to hear that Kam is being a good student of his bride. Though not particularly a carnivore, I would have joined you without hesitation in your dessert selection. David says that mint & chocolate are an "unholy union", but it's definitely my cream of choice! Love you all - here's to a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our meat intake was probably a bit overwhelming for you :) Glad to hear you get to enjoy all the mint chocolate that comes in the Kizziah home!

      Delete