Tuesday, May 15, 2012

And so it begins...

Blog created. Whew.

This was my fear — a blinking cursor in a blank white field, waiting for me to permanently post my thoughts for anyone and everyone to see. I think I'm psyching myself out... Must. Move. Forward.

My sisters (in law) have really great blogs [yes, Lynn and Katie, I'm calling you out], so naturally when I became a Pugh, Kam would ask when I was going to start a blog. My response would rotate between- When we have kids, I guess. [or] When we have something to write about. Well, Pugh #1 is on his way [a.k.a. Joshua Haddon, we'll call him Haddon - it sounds like it's spelled, not to be confused with Hayden :) ]. Therefore, a blog was looming in our future. I know I'm being really dramatic about this, I really am excited about it. It's just the initial jump that makes me nervous...

Then one day a few weeks ago, I was having lunch with a sweet friend [shout out Mary G.] who suggested that I start a blog while Kam and I are in New York for 6 weeks. For once, starting this thing sounded like a legitimate possibility. What a perfect opportunity, to have something to keep people informed about and easing me into the blog world pre-baby as opposed to trying to start a blog with a newborn. [Not real sure why I thought blogging would come so naturally then!] Oh my, looks like I'm going to be a blogger with lots of asides.

Back to the birth of our blog... well, we're in New York—been here 12 days already. After a few more blog requests from loved ones, I knew it was now or never. So there you have it, welcome to our world.

Now I know a lot of you are here, wanting to hear about New York. I'll get there. I promise. Just not in this post... I couldn't just start without a beginning. Some sort of preface or stellar intro to the blog placed here on this earth to represent the KamPughs. [I'll probably use this phrase a lot, since there are a handful of Pughs  out there and I want to make sure you're clear on which ones are being referenced.] Well, this is us...


This was actually us almost a year ago and this was Haddon on March 13th, but you get the drift. Kameron and I will celebrate our 2 year anniversary a week from today (May 22) and Lord willing, the Had-Man will be here on August 19th (give or take a few days...) I love our little family and I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us for however long He sees fit to keep us here.

Speaking of the Lord, I'll close with a few thoughts on the title of our blog. Yes, I went the super spiritual route — even more intimidating! This blog is not going to be a series of heavy theological discussions imparted to you from the KamPugh family. I'm sure they will occur, but that's not necessarily what I had in mind for our little blogspot. So why the Jesus title? you may ask... Great question, friend! Jesus has completely transformed our lives and made us the family we are today. By His grace, He will continue to shape us and guide us, perfecting us until the day He returns to set up His kingdom in the new heavens and new earth. This truth now affects every aspect of our lives. Our mission here on earth is to proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called us out of darkness into His marvelous light [1 Peter 2:9]. This is a weighty mission [and it is one forever etched in my memory because I had a little trouble repeating it in our wedding vows...] but it's what Kam and I long to do. Pray that this will be sweet Haddon's mission as well.

So may we proclaim Him, Jesus — in all things, because the gospel is transforming all things. That's why I'm okay with filling this blog with who knows what, because we as believers can proclaim Him in all we do. May it also be a reminder to my wandering heart and may it also be our constant prayer. For this we toil... Please join us.

"Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ. For this I toil, struggling with all His energy that He powerfully works within me." —Colossians 1:28-29

9 comments:

  1. Hooray, Hooray, Hooray! Welcome to blogland! I can't wait to hear all about what the Lord is doing with the KamPughs. Thank you for writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the KamPughs! So glad this started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoop Whoop! This is SO exciting! :) We're pumped to have this venue of staying up to date with you guys! I usually try to use exclamation marks sparingly, but I can't choose one to delete. We love you guy 3 precious people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. um, "guy" - should've deleted that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Olivia! I found the link to your blog on Facebook! It sounds like things are going really well with you, it's so good to hear :) Congratulations on the pregnancy!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like you are a natural blogger to me. i am very encouraged by your words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the encouragement everyone! Hopefully I'll stay disciplined :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the blog. Love you guys. Look forward to keeping up with the KamPughs. Of course you know I want more pics. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Liv! Found your blog on facebook and it is just as sweet as you are! See you in July (if not sooner) for the shower!
    Beka =)

    ReplyDelete