Sunday, November 11, 2012

Three Months!

Greetings to my fans out there! It's time for another update from your favorite blogger. First, I feel the need to clear the air in light of my mom's previous post. I'm not perfect, but I am pretty close. Also, I'm here for her sanctification, right? Yeah, I said it. SANCTIFICATION. And I do not know where she gets these pictures of me crying. That never happens...

It's been a full month for me and my family and word on the street is that it will just get busier. We started the month with some crazy road tripping. Seriously, we drove a lot. In a span of 7 days, Friday to Friday, we [at least Mom and I] were in the car for at least a day. Here's some calculations I did—

Friday:          Auburn to Decatur =    3.5 hours
Saturday:      Decatur to Auburn =    3.5 hours
Tuesday:       Auburn to Decatur =    3.5 hours
Wednesday:  Decatur to Nashville = 2 hours
                     Nashville to Decatur = 2 hours
Thursday:     Decatur to Florence =  1 hour
                     Florence to Decatur =  1 hour
Friday:         Decatur to Nashville = 2 hours
                    Nashville to Decatur = 2 hours
                    Decatur to Auburn =    3.5 hours

The first trip to Decatur was so I could meet some more of my family. Boy was it a reunion!





My Aunt Erin and Uncle Adam came down all the way from Indianapolis. They have two children, Madelyn and Harrison. This was the first time I got to meet all of them.



Emma and Aunt Valerie came as well. They're living in Florence now, so it's only an hour drive for them. Unfortunately Uncle Brandon had to work. He missed out...

Aren't they beautiful? I have a good lookin' family.


The Memphis Moders came to show some love as well. Can you believe they drove 6 hours in one day just to get some time with us? That's love right there...


Great Aunt Anna and Great Uncle Jeff. They have 3 children— Ben, Amelia, and Sam.
Then there were the Madison Moders. They didn't have to drive that far, but I still was feeling the love from them as well. I sure do have a great family...

Great Aunt Debra and Great Uncle Bobby. A lot of these pictures are from his camera - thanks!


Finally, the patriarch of this all... Papa Bob! He was a trooper and I even got to sit with him for a little bit. We're all very thankful for him.

4 generations!


It was a whirlwind of a trip, but I got a whole lot of attention, so that made up for all the travel time. I'm definitely looking forward to growing up with these folks.

Emma and Maddie hanging out with me while I swing.


Papa Bob with his grands and great-grands: (L-R) Ben, Amelia, Sam, Valerie, Emma, Madelyn, Erin, Harrison, Mom, me!


Yeah yeah... so funny.
All these people and pictures wore me out. I love napping on my parents' chests.
They sure do love each other.
The next trip came about because Dad had class in Nashville [well Franklin, actually]. We weren't sure who would be free to house a married couple and their newborn, so Mom and I spent our nights in Decatur with Nana and Papa. That Wednesday, Mom and I drove Dad up to class. Then we got to spend the afternoon with Meghan and Evie. I know what you're all wondering and no, I did not punch her this time...

We also got to have dinner with Mom's friend, Lauren. She's so cool.

 

Thursday- Mom, Nana, and I went to Florence to have lunch with Aunt V and Uncle Brandon. It was good to see him again! It had been a while. Then Friday- Mom and I went to pick up Dad from class in Franklin. We had lunch with Meghan, Drew, and Evie [I finally got to meet Drew!]. We took some pictures and then hit the road.



We made a pit stop in Decatur for dinner and then had to head to Auburn that night so Dad could be back for something the next morning. Thus ends our around the world adventure. Well, I'm not very good with geography right now, but it felt that way to me!

In other news, I'm balding. Yes, balding. I've heard that it happens with old age, and I am getting older, so I guess it was inevitable. I actually blame it on Mom. I had a nasty patch of cradle cap, so she took it upon herself to rid me of this menace. She did accomplish her purpose, but probably took most of the hair on the top of my head with her. That woman...



Another note concerning my head is that it is apparently kind of big. Since it's gotten cold out, mom tried to put on about 10 different hats we had and they all just popped right off! Thus we've had to result to more creative ways to keep me warm in these cold months...



Lastly in the Haddon head news is that, in spite of its large demeanor, I can move it around pretty well! My neck is growing stronger every day and hopefully soon I'll be a pro at keeping it lifted. 



I also got a nice little war wound this month. This is when Mom gets the hint that my nails need to be trimmed. Just call me ScarFace.



This probably happened while attempting to shove my fist in my mouth. I do this all the time. At first Mom thought it was a new way of telling her I was hungry, but no, I just like to do it. Just trying to keep myself entertained, ya'll.



Another milestone was my first day of errands with my Mom in the stroller. I did really well, but we went to so many places that I just decided to fall asleep. If you've seen one store, you've seen them all...

I'm also enjoying play time more and more. We have a couple of mats with dangling toys that I like to whack. One of them lights up and plays music, but it decided to freak out on us about a week ago. The music skips like crazy now and Mom can't handle it, so we don't use that feature any more. It's still fun to wiggle around on though.





I'm also continuing to smile and coo like a pro. It's so funny to see people's reactions. They LOVE it. You can check out that cuteness here and here [if you haven't seen it already]. 




I'm still enjoying baths these days and have even moved up to just sitting in the tub without that sling thing. Aren't you impressed?



I guess it wouldn't be an update if I didn't tell you how I was sleeping. If you had asked that question yesterday, I was sleeping through the night. 10 to 7 to be exact. I know, I'm awesome. BUT I decided to mix it up on Mom again last night. 10 to 3:30. Then 6:30. Then 9. Just keeping her on her toes. I don't want to get too predictable.

I guess that covers the high points. Basically I'm still doing all I was doing, just with more style and finesse. We had my 3 month photo shoot today [a day late, shhhh]. I was in a pretty serious mood. Then got emotional. Then fell asleep. Just a day in the life of the HadMan. I hope you enjoy those photos. It's been a while since Mom added them to facebook by the hundreds...

I'm looking forward to what happens between now and December 10th. I know you won't be able to contain yourself waiting to hear from me again. But be a good sport and read my Mom's posts until then. I know mine are better, but we'll just keep that between you and me ;)

Love,
Haddon

No comments:

Post a Comment