Monday, December 10, 2012

Four Months!

Whoa everyone... can you believe we're here already? Hello 4 months! Things seem to be going by faster and faster everyday. Sometimes I wonder if Mom can keep up. I'm sure she'll get the hang of it.

Well, I guess I should start filling you in on what I'm doing these days. I still really like chewing and sucking on my fists/hands/fingers. This used to take away from all my cooing, but I've gotten better at being a talker. Mom and Dad really enjoy it, so I try to humor them.



I also laughed for the first time this month. I laughed and Mom cried... that crazy lady. Dad makes me laugh the most. He's pretty awesome. I've also been squealing as well. It's really fun to hear myself. I think it's entertaining for the parentals as well— especially when I'm riding in the back seat by myself.


A new game I enjoy now is something you folks call "peek-a-boo." It never ceases to amaze me when they pull the blanket away from my face. It's a good distraction when I start to get whiney. 


In other fun milestones, I'm practically rolling over. Mom's not sure whether or not to count my progress because I may or may not have had a head start in momentum, so I don't know what's been my own effort or not. BUT, I have rolled from back to belly then returned to my back. AND I've gone from belly to back as well.


Sheer determination...




I'm also enjoying a new place to sit— the Bumbo seat! I feel [and look] very grown up when I'm in it. And I get to sit with Mom and Dad a lot more often now that there's a convenient place to have me around and in on the action.



This looks like I'm posing for Olan Mills!
I'm also growing into a new clothes size. I'm in 3-6 months now and can even wear some 6 months stuff. I don't know if you read my stats from Mom's last post, but I'm long and strong my friends!

My first 3-6 months outfit.

In other news, I got to celebrate Thanksgiving for the first time. We got to spend time with Big Daddy and T and Nana and Papa. It was a fun-filled week, but boy was I worn out after that. I also didn't understand why Mom and Dad couldn't hold me all the time once we got home from our Thanksgiving travels. It sure doesn't seem to bother the grandparents much...


They even let me help with some of the cooking!
We got to meet 4 of T's international friends. They were really nice and even got me socks!
This month my Aunt Valerie found out that she is having a BOY!!!!! I can't wait for my buddy, Cohen Michael, to get here in April. Together we'll for sure create a force to be reckoned with...

This was the picture Aunt V sent us to tell us it's a "HE"

I also went to my first concert this month! I won't say much because Mom plans on posting about it soon, so I won't steal her thunder. Andrew Peterson's Behold the Lamb of God has a special place in my family's heart, so I'll let her share those things with you. But it was awesome and I behaved pretty well for being drug to and from Birmingham in a night. The only time I really let loose was at the end Labor of Love which was probably the most appropriate time in the show for a baby to cry.

Another fun thing you should get a glimpse of from my 4th month is the photo shoot with Aunt Lynn. She's pretty great and always wants to take pictures of me—I guess that means I'm kind of a big deal, right? She receives all the glory for the next few shots.





"How many National Championship rings does your grandfather have?"

Lastly, I got an early Christmas present from my Dad. I feel honored to be the namesake of this handsome fella. Can you see a resemblance?

I thought I'd put on my serious theological face for these shots...

I'll close on a serious note [out of character, I know]. There's actually a Spurgeon quote that Mom and Dad have framed in my room. It was a gift from the Douthits [WHO I GOT TO MEET AND HANG OUT WITH MULTIPLE TIMES THIS MONTH!!!!!!! But Mom never took our picture. We must remedy that...] Can you pray that this would be true of me?
--------------------
You may speak but a word to a child, and in that child there may be slumbering a noble heart which shall stir the Christian Church in years to come. —Charles Haddon Spurgeon
--------------------
Love, 
Haddon

P.S. As usual, Mom posted scads of pictures on Facebook from our monthly photoshoot. This one has a bit of holiday flair to it. We're also on location at Nana and Papa's this week. Enjoy!

Not sure what this whole snowman thing is about, but Nana seems to like them.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's been 4 months. LOVE that Spurgeon onesie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe we managed to spend all that time with that little stud and didn't get one shot! Love you Pughs, and thankful for the sweet time we have had with all three of you:)

    ReplyDelete