Sunday, February 10, 2013

Six Months!

Happy Half Birthday to ME!!!!

Well folks, here we are again. Can you believe I'm already 6 months old? Apparently I'm the only one who can and I have a birth certificate to prove it. 6 months seems pretty legit in baby age, so hopefully I'll be taken more seriously around here.

This month has brought lots of new things and I'm excited to share them with all my wonderful fans [that's you].

Come on— this is gonna be fun!

I guess the major happening of this month was my entrance into the world of solid food. Mom stole that story and wrote about it here. Be sure to check that post out for all the juicy details [literally].

Don't let this picture fool you, I'm still rockin the whole eating thing. I guess I get that from my Mom. She loves to eat.

With this new appetite has come other small achievements— like sitting in a high chair. [well technically it's a "space saver" high chair, but surely it still counts]

The bib says it all... SUPER*STAR

 Mom also decided to see how I liked water. Enter [duh, duh, duh] the SIPPY CUP!


So you may recall that I wasn't taking so kindly to a bottle. Looks like I just skipped that stage. Bottles are for babies... I'll drink an ounce or so of milk from my sippy cup every now and then, but at least Mom is no longer freaking out about my future interaction with cups of any kind. I may not drink a lot from this thing, but I do know how to use it. Sometimes I just like gnawing on it. My gums appreciate the massage.

Speaking of which, I know what you're wondering — Any teeth yet?

Sorry to disappoint, but you'll have to put up with my gummy smile for a little while longer. Though no teeth have appeared, I still don't hesitate to chew on everything that comes within a 6" radius of my mouth. As you can see, the fist still gets some major love.

Other new things I've tried this month are my play place and Johnny Jump Up.



This fabulous contraption has become a new staple to my playtime. I still haven't quite figured out the Johnny Jump Up thing. Maybe I need to call Johnny and let him teach me a thing or two...


Don't let these pictures fool you. That smiles lasts only a few minutes before I'm clamoring with confusion.

With six months also comes the question of sitting up. I'm getting there folks. I can hold my own for a little bit, but I'm hesitant to officially claim that milestone.






So maybe I take the occasional tumble every now and then, but at least I look good doing it!

In the realm of mobility, I'm a rolling machine. The parentals usually lay down a blanket on the floor for me to play on. Within a minute or less, I've already rolled out of bounds. I'd like to call these next few shots "Oh, the Places You'll Roll." [take that Dr. Suess!]




Aren't I so impressive?


 This rolling tends to makes some other things in life difficult. For instance, changing my diaper...

You might notice the updated frame in the picture above. There used to be a white one there, but due to my new found mobility, it has been destroyed. I successfully knocked it off the dresser and broke the glass. Sorry, Mom. Welcome to the rest of your life. What can I say? I'm a boy!

Now I'm more interested in the sound machine they have hidden over there. I like to knock it around.

Knockdown successful. Just call me Trouble [with a capital T]
I think that covers the momentous milestones of the month. In other news, I experienced my first park day with Mom. It was a crazy January day, meaning it was really warm, so on a whim, Mom packed us up and headed to one of our local parks. We did some strolling on the trails and then hung out on a blanket.

Thanks to Nana and Papa for this AWESOME toy.
Another fun event was the weekend we spent in Birmingham. Dad had a conference to be at, so we stayed at the Maiden's house. [shout out to Mrs. Lynn, Mr. Ronnie, and Regina!] Nana, Aunt V, and Emma came down one day to hang out with us. We had lots of fun together. The next day I got to meet a bunch of my Mom's friends from high school. They thought I was pretty great.

Who ya with? D-HIGH


The last little tidbit I think you'll appreciate is how much I love to laugh and smile. I'm very responsive these days and love a good game of peek-a-boo when it presents itself. Even when it doesn't, I pretend you're playing when you get out of my sight and then come back again. It's pretty hilarious. That's not the only way you can get me laughing. Papa discovered this trick the other day—


I have lots of fun with my family.


Well, I think I better wrap this up. It's WAY past my bedtime [the things you do for your fans]. I hope you've enjoyed the glimpse into my sixth month. Today's photo shoot was pretty amazing. All you facebookers should go check it out. I got to play with Dad while Mom took pictures. [I think I got the better end of that deal.]

Enjoy the rest of your February! Until March 10th...
Love,
Haddon


6 comments:

  1. As usual, Haddon, I'm SO entertained by your updates! And yeah, I definitely can't believe you're half way to a year already. Wow - your rolling is mighty impressive, and your laugh is fantastic (it was bound to be considering your parents'). I'm sure you're looking forward to more outings at the park come official springtime, and though it's bound to get a little more fun,"clamoring with confusion" was a perfect jump-up description ;)

    We love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetest little boy! There's so many wonderful things to do at 6 months, so many more places to play! I'm so glad you're getting the hang of the cup; I'm sure it brings great relief to your mama. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for the regular updates on the little dude. He's a champ. Looking forward to his next visit.

    ReplyDelete