Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Month Numero Uno!

[Haddon's one month birthday was actually yesterday, 9.10.12, but I'm just now finishing this post! Just so there's no confusion on the dates...]

We have reached the one month mark with our little boy [not to be confused with the 4 week mark that happened on Friday— don't worry, I was confused at well]. In some states of mind, one month sounds so long, yet in others it seems so short. Regardless, the numbers don't lie. Haddon has been an official resident on this crazy planet for 31 days. I don't think I'll ever cease to be amazed at his sweet existence.


This is what happens when I try to have a cutesy photo shoot to document this monumental birthday. This is a milder display of his displeasure with the notion, but I laugh out loud every time I look at it. Each day is unpredictable, which is why we try to take it one day at a time around these parts. This attempt also included a moment where Haddon decided to express his utter disgust by spitting up on the quilt. That boy... If you are a facebooker, you can get a broader look at his range of emotion here.

I am about to pass things over to Haddon to close out this entry. I have a friend [shout out E. Harwell] that writes blog posts every month from her little boy's point of view. It's a very entertaining way to recap the month's achievements and developments and I'm totally going to implement that clever idea on here for the HadMan. Hers are very witty and so convincing that I'm surprised when I see videos of her son and he's not chatting it up in complete sentences and telling you about his life.

Here goes nothing...

Hey guys. J. Haddon Pugh, here. Mom decided to let me take a turn at this whole blogging thing to tell you fine folks what I've been up to this past month. I think she made a great decision, you won't be disappointed. I'm pretty pumped about getting to try out this laptop contraption. Mom and Dad have theirs out all the time so it's good to get to see what the fuss is all about. And I finally get to lose these silly mittens Mom makes me wear. Come on Mom, a guy's gotta develop his dexterity...

I decided to throw in the photo above because the one Mom decided to show you was not one of my better moments. For the most part I'm pretty laid back, but today was just one of those days where I wanted to hear myself scream. I do that from time to time—gotta keep the parentals on their toes. 

Speaking of screaming, that's how I came into this world. I'd been kicking on mom's ribs [primarily her right rib cage] for at least a month and she finally got the picture and started having contractions. I know it was earlier than they all expected, but hey, it was time.




Here's me showing off my lungs. Everyone was pretty impressed. I'm not going to lie, so was I. It was a completely new experience for me. I am Haddon, hear me roar!

Our time in the hospital is kind of a blur. There were so many new things going on and so many people to meet. I'm pretty pumped about my grandparents. They already think I'm awesome. I can't wait to spend more time with them.

Here they are! Papa, Nana, T, and Big Daddy

  They finally let my parents take me out on their own and since then I've been living in a cozy little duplex with good 'ole Mom and Dad. They even let me have half of one of the bedrooms! That's so much more space than my previous dwelling. The other half is filled with my Dad's books. He must be really smart.

This panorama photo got a little funky, but you get the idea!


My Dad also has this really cool thing on his face called a beard. It doesn't phase me at all, which Mom is so happy about. She thought I might think it was too bristly and bother my face [I don't know why she was concerned, it certainly isn't an issue for her face]. Apparently a lot of people thought I'd be born with a beard. Sorry to disappoint, guys. Don't know if you noticed though, but I did come out with a fabulous head of hair...



Let's see... what kind of things would interest you about this first month of my life? Mom's scared to say it out loud, for fear it won't last long [she isn't superstitious, I promise] but I'm sleeping really well at night. The past 5 days or so, I've developed a pretty stellar evening schedule. I carry on for a bit before I actually sleep, but I can't be perfect at everything! There was a series of days where Mom tried to wake me up more during the day but to no avail. Sorry, I sleep like a log during the day...

This was one of Mom's attempts to wake me up by changing my diaper. She definitely underestimated my ability to snooze like a pro amidst adversity.

I tend to be a wiggle worm as well. There are times when Mom and Dad check on me in my crib and I've freed my arms from that crazy swaddle they put on me and am in a completely different position. I tend to have a love/hate relationship with the swaddle. Still can't make my mind up. I also like to kick my legs a lot. Once I get mobile, there will be no stopping this guy. Mom's not sure how she feels about this.

I get the hiccups a lot and I'm really good at sneezing. Mom and Dad really like to sneeze, so I thought I'd take it up as well. It is rather relieving. My parents can be a little cooky sometimes [they often just stare at me and talk amongst themselves about how "cute" I am. I hope that's a good thing!], but I think they're really great. I think we'll have a lot of fun together. I'll let you know how I'm feeling after another month of being a Pugh.

Well I must leave you, I've got some milk to chug! Until next time...

Love,
Haddon






3 comments:

  1. Awesome!

    Uncle David cant wait to meet you kido!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, LOVE this! What a great idea! So great to hear from the nephew himself. :)

    Keep up the good sleeping at night, buddy! You'll find this "crazy planet" a bit more pleasant when you do :)

    We sure love you! And I'm sure another month with your amazing Mom & Dad will only affirm your gratitude of being born a Pugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, how precious, Olivia!! Loved reading it! :)

    ReplyDelete