Friday, June 29, 2012

Coney Island Adventures

Our dear friends in Bay Ridge just spent a day in Coney Island with some volunteer teams so I thought it would be appropriate to share about the day we got to spend there during our last week in New York.

It was a beautiful day and I was very thankful for the nice cool wind that was blowing. Coney Island is basically a giant fair on the beach, but in my mind it has a bit more legitimacy than those creepy ones they set up in abandoned parking lots [given its more appealing location]!


As we were walking on the beach, I realized that this was the first time I'd ever been at the beach with Kameron. Hooray for making memories! I guess it was Haddon's first visit as well — me and my boys at the beach for the first time ever :)



A handful of families joined us on our adventure, so the picture below gives you a glimpse of some of the Brooklyn folks that have a dear place in our hearts. As I was going through my pictures to pick good ones to show, I died when I came across this one! Apparently, I snapped a shot at the exact moment sweet Sophia had an accidental splash in the ocean. I thought it would be fun to provide you with an up close view of the action :)




A famous part of Coney Island is the Cyclone, a wooden roller coaster built in 1927. My pregnant self was unable to ride, but Kam got to enjoy the adventure with his boys, Kevin and Jeremy.






Don't you just love my husband? I didn't think I had captured this until I zoomed in real close. Haddon's going to be a mess…



Aren't you so glad he got to ride the American Legend? Apparently 3 people have died as a result of this American Legend... I'm thankful I heard of these occurrences after my husband was safely by my side. 

Another iconic piece of Coney Island is Nathan's. My family [the Kleins, definitely not my husband!] has been enjoying Nathan's franks for a while [Kam hates hotdogs...]. They really are the best hot dogs I've ever eaten. Well at Coney Island, we got the joy of eating at the original restaurant. I had been dreaming about a corn dog at Coney Island ever since I heard it existed. The dream was finally fulfilled.


I promise I do care about our unborn child. I'm sure he appreciated the fries covered in nacho cheese and the hot dog surrounded by fried battered goodness…

We ended the day by going to the aquarium. I must have gotten tired of taking pictures because I have nothing to show from our time there. It was fun though. I'm glad we got to finish our day out there. It was even better being able to go for free [thanks Lesley!].

Thus concludes our Coney Island experience. Hope you enjoyed the recap!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and fun pictures from Coney Island! I'm so glad you got to go.

    ReplyDelete