Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Cornerstone Setup

It's hard to believe that our time in Bay Ridge is done and I'm sitting in my living room in Auburn typing this post. As my husband so accurately put it, "We're excited to get home but not excited to leave." Well, we're home and it was sweet to be back with our Lakeview family, but I couldn't help but think and pray about our sweet Cornerstone friends gathering together 993 miles north [yes, I googled the distance]. I also had the added bonus of my husband heading out to New Orleans for the Southern Baptist Convention early this morning, so needless to say, I'm feeling really sorry for myself right now :)

Given my current sentiments, I thought today would be a good opportunity to give you a glimpse of what is happening every Sunday morning at the Gregory Hotel in Bay Ridge Brooklyn as the Cornerstone family gathers for worship. A lot of work goes into this set up, so don't neglect the opportunities to serve your church in what may seem like not very important ways. All manpower is a huge blessing to those that are doing this on a weekly basis.

So as I mentioned earlier, Cornerstone meets in a room they rent from a local hotel. The hotel is gracious to have chairs and tables already set up, but more often than not, they need to be rearranged :)
Due to people's schedules, music practice happens Sunday morning before the service.

Kevin is on the left. He and his wife, Kristi, came to Cornerstone in March through NAMB and are committed to serve for at least 2 years. He, like Nathan, is bi-vocational. David is on the right. He and his family were the first to join Nathan and Lesley as they began this new work in Bay Ridge.
David rocking out on the left. Nathan and Lesley [the Tubbs] on keyboard and percussion.
Jeremy doing it big in ProPresenter. He and his family are faithful members of the Cornerstone family.
There's always a guarantee of coffee and donuts for all to enjoy. Sophia [left] is Nathan and Lesley's oldest. Even [right] is David and Jill's oldest—they just had their second girl on the 1st.
Pre-service: main room, full view.
The other side of the room [which they block off with a partition] is transformed into the nursery. They have done a fabulous job of bringing this together to have a fun, safe place for the kids to go in order to free up their parents.
So there's a glimpse into what's going on Sunday mornings for the folks at Cornerstone. I pray that the Lord would continue to bring people their way to the point that they may need to do some rearranging!

And since I'm missing my husband, here's a little love shot of us at roomie Jessa's wedding a while back. Man he's good lookin... Happy Father's Day to that cutie!


2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Looks a lot like our services here in Madison. Glad y'all got hooked up with a good group of folks.
    Liv, you are now the blog photo mavin! I can't complain about you not including pics. Love all the pics. My brain actually shuts down after reading seven consecutive sentences, so the pictures help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to please the family photographer! I'll keep the 7 sentence limit in mind :)

      Delete